Tire Tips for Leawood area Jeep Owners
At State Line Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, our Leawood area Jeep dealer, we know that you may think checking and filling your tires can be a time consuming, major task; however, what you may not know is how quick and simple this easy procedure actually is. Filling tires is much more crucial to your car than you may think. It results in a safer and more economical experience while on the road. In addition, your vehicle’s handling will also benefit from filling your tires. Given how important maintaining proper tire pressure is, you might be surprised by how simple this task is. If you have a food tire air pressure gauge and a good source of air, this will be easy as 1,2,3.
Tire Pressure Tips
When checking and filling your tires, make sure you follow these few simple steps:
- Pull your car to a shady, level surface.
- Remove dust caps from the tires’ valve stems.
- Firmly press the tip of your tire gauge straight onto the valve stem for a moment.
- The gauge should provide a psi reading. Repeat the last step to ensure you’re doing it correctly.
- If the gauge reads higher than the recommended rating, let the air leak out and check the pressure again.
- If the gauge reads lower than recommended, fill the tire with air by firmly pressing the air-hose tip on the valve stem.
- When you think you’ve added or released enough air, check the pressure a few times for consistency.
- Replace the valve dust caps and presto, you’re finished!
Now that you know how to check and fill your tires properly, you don’t have to fear the pressure gauge any longer. Just remember our few quick tips to an easy tire filling and you’ll be on your way in no time. For more information, contact us at our Jeep dealer serving Leawood by calling us at Call sales Phone Number(816) 399-5457.